NAGLS Anti- Ragging Cell
RAGGING: PROHIBITION, PREENTION & PUNISHMENT
The University Grants Commission (UGC) vide Letter no. F.1.16/2007 (CPP-11) dated June 17-2009 has reiterated the ban on ragging of Students in institutions of Higher Learning. The Students are therefore directed to strictly refrain from any form of actions considered as ragging.
FORMS OF RAGGING:
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, provocation by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities that causes or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in ordinary course & which causes him/her shame, embarrassment or danger to his life.
PUNISHMENT BY THE INSTITUTION FOR PARTICIPATION IN RAGGING OR ABETMENT OF RAGGING:
1. Cancellation of Admission
2. Suspension from attending classes
3. Withdrawal of scholarships, fellowships or other benefits
4. Debarment from appearing in tests/ examination or other evaluation process
5. Withholding of results
6. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, state, national and international meet, tournament, fests, etc.
7. Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel
8. Rustication from institution for varying periods
9. Fine up to Rs. 25,000/-
10. Consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.