GOVERNING COUNCIL COMMITTEE
MR. M. ALTAF HUSSAIN
DR. SYED MOHID ALTAF
Principal Director (NAGLS)
DR. SYED KHALID ALTAF
Principal Director (NAPUC)
MRS. BHAGYALAKSHMI B.K.
Assistant Professor (NAGLS)
MS. VIJAYALAKSHMI SHIBAROOR
Head of the Department (NAJBS)
MR. MOHAMMED ISMAIL
Former Additional Secretary, Department of Law, Justice & Human Rights (Govt. of Karnataka)
MR. ANURAG SINGH
Advocate Supreme Court
MR. TIMMAYA S. PURLE
Honorable President Karnataka State PU Lectures Association Bangalore
DR. SHANKER LYER
Vice President – AAID, USA
MR. VIKRAM SINGH NEGI
MR. ARISTOTLE JOSEPH
Secretary, SCAORA (Supreme Court Advocates On Record Association)
MR. GIRISH B
KSLU Representative & Academic Council Member for NAGLS
DR. MOHAMEED FAROOQ PASHA
Vice President- Bangalore University Teacher Council for Commerce and Management (BUTCCM)
Responsibilities of The Governing Council
- The Governing Council of the college is the supreme administrative body.
- It is constituted as per the norms fixed by the Affiliating University/ies and Govt.
- The Governing Council is ambitious and converts aspirations into outcomes with a rigorous framework of governance.
- The Governing Council approves the mission and strategic vision of the institution, long term business plans and annual budgets in accordance to meeting the interests of the stakeholders.
- The Head of the Institution is appointed as the Chief Executive of the Institution and suitable arrangements are made to monitor his/ her performance.
- The council ensures the establishment and monitoring systems of control and accountability including financial & operational controls and risk assessment clear procedure for handling internal grievances.
- Governing Council monitors the institutions performance against the plans approved and also benchmarks this against other institutions wherever possible.
- The Governing Council should ensure the achievement of the mission and vision of the organization; future academic plans and research activities should be promoted by providing direction of implementation and overall monitoring of the activities.
- The Chairperson is responsible for leading the governing body, is also responsible for its effectiveness and should ensure that the institution is well connected with the stake holders.
- The Chairperson should support the head of the institution in execution of the programmers.
- To uphold the legal stature of the college in view of State Government and affiliating University / ies or any other body or agency.
- To take decisions regarding the intake and addition or discontinuation of any program accordingly recommending the Principal to take formal steps with the affiliating body to put this into action.